06 — He’s making America more energy independent.
20 Reasons to Re-Elect President Trump
President Trump has restructured American energy policy around the concept of self-reliance.
He understands that when America is less dependent on foreign energy we are less susceptible to global market disruptions and hostile foreign suppliers.
He understands that energy independence means stronger national security, stronger economic stability, and more jobs in the United States.
Hence, since taking office he’s been cutting taxes and undoing regulations on America’s oil, gas, coal and fracking companies.
These efforts have been bearing fruit. In the past three years:
- The U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
- The U.S. became a natural gas net exporter for the first time since 1957.
- U.S. total energy exports exceeded imports for the first time since 1952.
- The U.S. became the world’s largest producer of natural gas.
In short, President Trump’s policies have energy production booming, breaking records that have stood for more than half a century.
“U.S. energy production in 2019 was higher than U.S. energy consumption for the first time in 62 years. Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence” — which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used.” ~ Institute for Energy Research
Four more years of Trump means continued energy independence, stronger national security, stronger economic stability, and more jobs in the U.S.
Article references (6):
- The Guardian
- U.S. Energy Information Administration (3)
- Energy In Depth
- Institute for Energy Research